Terms & Conditions
WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
If you only read a few paragraphs of our Terms and Conditions, please read the following before making your purchase:
Our guitar kits are not “Ikea Guitars” that you simply paint and assemble; they are the raw, unfinished product from a factory that produces guitars for some of the world’s best known brands.
Please consider carefully whether you have the time, space (for building), skill and patience to build one of our kits. We do not recommend attempting to build one of our kits if you are totally new to the electric guitar.
For first time builders, we strongly recommend you start with a ‘simple’ build; such as our ST-1, ST-1M, STA-1 and STA-1M kits, where a lot of the work (such as the wiring) has been done in the factory. We also strongly recommend you do not select a hollow body (guitar or bass) for your first build.
Please understand that your kit may have the odd scratch, dent, mark or glue spot you have to deal with as part of your build. You may even find small cracks or other imperfections, which can be filled with no effect on the guitar’s appearance or sound. We are unable to guarantee flawless, blemish free kits at these prices. If you find a fault, like a significant crack, which cannot easily be repaired, please contact us for a return for a repair, replacement or refund.
IMPORTANT! Please do a mock build of your kit prior to any sanding or painting. We cannot replace or refund any kit that has been painted or stained.
The fretwork on our kits is a good standard, however, we cannot guarantee perfectly dressed frets in this price range. We encourage all our builders to explore our Community Forum thread on levelling frets to get the very best out of their kit.
Please note that there are no written instructions included with the kit. All the support for building your kit is available on this website.
There is a Quick Start Guide here: http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/pdf/quick%20Start%20Guide.pdf
Instructional Videos here: http://www.pitbullguitars.com/videos/
Wiring Diagrams here: http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wiring-diagrams/
There are some very good Forum Threads on How to build your guitar, like this one: http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=1895
Important Terms for International Customers
If you live outside of Australia, please note the following specific terms before purchasing for our site.
Pit Bull Guitars cannot cover the Import Taxes you may need to pay when you import any of our products. In the UK, for example: You may have to pay VAT, Customs Duty or Excise Duty on goods sent from outside the European Union (EU) before you can collect them.
Please research your Government’s website to determine what taxes you may, or may not, need to pay when importing goods.
To the best of our knowledge, there are no Import Taxes payable on our products for customers in the US, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa and Asian countries.
You will note that our shipping prices are very low on International Orders. To send one kit to the US, UK, Europe, Scandinavia and most other international destinations, from Australia, costs Pit Bull Guitars on average US$115. You are only charged AU$59.95 (AU$79.95 for a bass kit) plus AU$30 for each additional kit.
Unfortunately, this means that if you purchase multiple items, and some items are in stock, while others are on backorder, or not physically in stock although showing in stock, we will not be able to ship the backordered items separately when are back in stock. Our shipping prices only allow for one consignment per International order.
In this case, we will contact you to ask if you would prefer to wait for the out of stock item to come into stock, so we can send the order complete, cancel and refund the out of stock item, or substitute another product for the product that is out of stock.
We do our best to ensure that our stock count is accurate at all times, however, with over 500 products and only 2 staff, it is a mammoth task.
The standard Terms and Conditions follow:
In these terms and conditions, “we” “us” and “our” refers to Adam Boyle, trading as Pit Bull Guitars. Your access to and use of all information on this website including purchase of our product/s is provided subject to the following terms and conditions. The information is intended for residents of Australia only.
We reserve the right to amend this Notice at any time and your use of the website following any amendments will represent your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions as amended. We therefore recommend that each time you access our website you read these terms and conditions.
2. You agree to ensure that your registration details are true and accurate at all times and you undertake to update your registration details from time to time when they change.
3. On registration, you will be required to provide a password .
4. We reserve the right to terminate your registration at any time if you breach these terms and conditions.
Our Website Services
5. All prices are in Australian Dollars (AUD) and are inclusive of GST. We endeavour to ensure that our price list is current. Our price list can be accessed from our home page and we reserve the right to amend our prices at any time. If you have placed an order, we reserve the right to cancel your order should our prices change.
6. We strive to ensure that our products are described as accurately as possible on our website, however, we do not warrant that the description is accurate. Where we become aware of any misdescription, we reserve the right to correct any error or omission.
7. Images have been provided for illustrative purposes only and we do not guarantee that any image will reproduce in true colour nor that any given image will reflect or portray the full design or options relating to that product.
8. We supply and despatch our products to customers within Australia, New Zealand, South East Asia, United States, United Kingdom and parts of Europe.
9. We endeavour to ensure that our product list is current however we give no undertaking as to the availability of any product advertised on our website.
10. All prices are in Australian Dollars (AUD) and are inclusive of GST. Our price list can be accessed from our home page and we reserve the right to amend our prices at any time.
11. Packaging and postage is an additional charge, calculated at time of purchase.
12. When you order from us, we require you to provide your name, address for delivery, your email address and mobile telephone contact. We undertake to take due care with this information; however, in providing us with such information you accept that we are not liable for its misuse due to error in transmission or virus or malware.
13. We undertake to accept or reject your order within Seven (7) days. If we have not responded to you within Seven (7) days, your offer is deemed to be rejected. We are not required to give reasons for rejecting your offer to purchase however the most likely reason for rejecting your offer will be that we do not currently have that product in stock.
14. Once you have submitted an order, you may not cancel that order even if our acceptance or rejection of your offer is still pending.
15. Delivery of your ordered product/s will be as set out on our website. Title in the goods passes to you when we have received payment. Our terms of payment are set out on the payments policy page.
16. All risk of loss or damage to the goods passes to you when we despatch the goods.
Order Cancellation Due To Error
17. Where a product has been listed at the incorrect price or with incorrect descriptive information or image due to typographical error or similar oversight, we reserve the right to cancel a transaction. Where your credit card has been charged, we will immediately refund your credit card for the total amount debited.
18. We undertake to replace you for any product delivered to you that is faulty or is in a damaged condition. If you wish to return a faulty or damaged product, you must notify us through our designated “Refund Policy” webpage where we set out our requirements relating to return of such goods.
19. We also undertake to exchange any undamaged product purchased from us so long as it is returned unused and with proof of purchase within 30 days of purchase however we will not provide any refund of such purchase. If undamaged goods are returned to us for exchange, we do not refund any packing and postage charges. Return of undamaged goods for exchange is entirely at your cost and risk.
20. If we are unable at the time of return to replace or exchange returned goods, we undertake to reimburse your credit card for the amount initially debited for the purchase including packaging and postage charges.
21. When you visit our website, we give you a limited licence to access and use our information for personal use.
22. You are permitted to download a copy of the information on this website to your computer for your personal use only provided that you do not delete or change any copyright symbol, trade mark or other proprietary notice. Your use of our content in any other way infringes our intellectual property rights.
23. Except as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), you are not permitted to copy, reproduce, republish, distribute or display any of the information on this website without our prior written permission.
24. The licence to access and use the information on our website does not include the right to use any data mining robots or other extraction tools. The licence also does not permit you to metatag or mirror our website without our prior written permission. We reserve the right to serve you with notice if we become aware of your metatag or mirroring of our website.
25. This website may from time to time contain hyperlinks to other websites. Such links are provided for convenience only and we take no responsibility for the content and maintenance of or privacy compliance by any linked website. Any hyperlink on our website to another website does not imply our endorsement, support, or sponsorship of the operator of that website nor of the information and/or products which they provide.
26. You may link our website with our consent. Any such linking will be entirely your responsibility and at your expense. By linking, you must not alter any of our website’s contents including any intellectual property notices and you must not frame or reformat any of our pages, files, images, text or other materials.
Intellectual Property Rights
27. The copyright to all content on this website including applets, graphics, images, layouts and text belongs to us or we have a licence to use those materials.
28. All trade marks, brands and logos generally identified either with the symbols TM or ® which are used on this website are either owned by us or we have a licence to use them. Your access to our website does not license you to use those marks in any commercial way without our prior written permission.
29. Any comment, photograph, image, feedback, idea or suggestion (called “Comments”) which you provide to us through this website becomes our property. If in future we use your Comments in promoting our website or in any other way, we will not be liable for any similarities which may appear from such use. Furthermore, you agree that we are entitled to use your Comments for any commercial or non-commercial purpose without compensation to you or to any other person who has transmitted your Comments.
30. If you provide us with Comments, you acknowledge that you are responsible for the content of such material including its legality, originality and copyright.
31. Whilst we have taken all due care in providing the information on our website, we do not provide any warranty either express or implied including without limitation warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
32. To the extent permitted by law, any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied into these terms and conditions is excluded.
33. We also take all due care in ensuring that our website is free of any virus, worm, Trojan horse and/or malware, however we are not responsible for any damage to your computer system which arises in connection with your use of our website or any linked website.
34. From time to time we may host third party content on our website such as advertisements and endorsements belonging to other traders. Responsibility for the content of such material rests with the owners of that material and we are not responsible for any errors or omissions in such material.
Statutory Guarantees and Warranties to Consumers
35. Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (“C&C Act”) defines a consumer. Under the C&C Act we are a supplier of either goods or services or both to you, and as a consumer the C&C Act gives you statutory guarantees. Attached to the Standard Terms and Conditions are:-
a. Schedule 2 of the C&C Act; and
b. those statutory guarantees, all of which are given by us to you if you are a consumer.
36. If you are a consumer within the meaning of Schedule 2 of the C&C Act of our goods or services then we give you a warranty that at the time of supply of those goods or services to you, if they are defective then:-
a. We will repair or replace the goods or any part of them that is defective; or
b. Provide again or rectify any services or part of them that are defective; or
c. Wholly or partly recompense you if they are defective.
37. As a consumer under the C&C Act you may be entitled to receive from us notices under Schedule 2 section 103 of the C&C Act. In that regard:-
a. If you are a consumer within the meaning of Schedule 2 of the C&C Act and the goods or services we are providing relate to the repair of consumer goods then we will give you any notice which we are obliged to give you under Schedule 2 section 103 of the C&C Act.
b. If we are a repairer of goods capable of retaining user-generated data then we hereby give you notice that the repair of those goods may result in the loss of the data.
c. If we are a repairer and our practice is to supply refurbished goods as an alternative to repairing your defective goods or to use refurbished parts in the repair, then we give you notice that the goods presented by you to us for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. We also give you notice that we may use in the repair of your goods, refurbished parts.
Limitation of Liability
38. If you are not a consumer within the meaning of Schedule 2 of the C&C Act then this clause applies to you. If you are a consumer within the meaning of the C&C Act then this clause has no effect whatsoever to in any way limit our liability or your rights. If you are not a consumer:-
a. To the full extent permitted by law, our liability for breach of an implied warranty or condition is limited to the supply of the services again or payment of the costs of having those services supplied again.
b. We accept no liability for any loss whatsoever including consequential loss suffered by you arising from services we have supplied.
c. We do not accept liability for anything contained in the post of a user or in any form of communication which originates with a user and not with Us.
d. We do not participate in any way in the transactions between our users.
39. By accessing our website, you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from all claims, actions, damages, costs and expenses including legal fees arising from or in connection with your use of our website.
40. If a Force Majeure event causing delay continues for more than Thirty (30) days, we may terminate this Agreement by giving at least Seven (7) days Notice to you. “Force Majeure” means any act, circumstance or omission over which we could not reasonably have exercised control.
41. These terms and conditions are to be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Western Australia and any claim made by either party against the other which in any way arises out of these terms and conditions will be heard in Western Australia and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of those Courts.
42. If any provision in these terms and conditions is invalid under any law the provision will be limited, narrowed, construed or altered as necessary to render it valid but only to the extent necessary to achieve such validity. If necessary the invalid provision will be deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
43. We undertake to take all due care with any information which you may provide to us when accessing our website. However we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you may provide to us. Information you transmit to us is entirely at your own risk although we undertake to take reasonable steps to preserve such information in a secure manner.