Pickups For ST Style Guitars
The City Limits set is designed to offer guitarists a hotter Stratocaster sound with unrivalled versatility. The neck and mid pickups are wound to emulate the sought-after “overwound” late 50’s-style pickups that vintage collectors have found to have a rich piano-like bass and thick trebles – a tone that has become known as the “Texas” sound. The bridge pickup, however, is a departure from the standard winds and is overwound with lighter gauge AWG43 gauge wire to over 8.7k for a more modern soloing sound when used with gain or distortion, without a harsh top end. Due to advances in string technology and the wider range of modern guitar necks, the City Limits set uses our unique “Modified Vintage Stagger” polepiece magnet array allowing for near perfect string-to-string balance on the greatest range of instruments possible. Get them in any Strat and find that hotter, fatter Texas tone you’ve been waiting for.
High-Grade “Smooth-Top” Alnico Polepieces – no sharp edges!
- Modified stagger polepieces for more accurate string-to-string balance.
- Calibrated winding for even volume balance across all five standard positions.
- Laser-cut, hand-bevelled flatwork.
- USA-made vintage hook-up wire for easy installation.
- Latex tubing and nickel-plated screws are included with every pickup.
- All coils bound with fabric tape, removing the chance of damage.
- All coils scatterwound on our 999-step CNC winding machines.
- All coils wax-potted to avoid feedback at high-gain settings.
- All sets are RWRP – offering noiseless operation in positions 2 and 4.
FREE Shipping on all Tonerider pickups to anywhere in Australia.