Pit Bull Guitars ES-1F Electric Guitar Kit includes:
- Hollow basswood body with Flame Maple veneer and binding
- Maple neck (C profile) and Rosewood fretboard
- 22 medium jumbo frets (Scale length: 628mm)
Hardware pack includes:
- 2 x Humbucker pickups
- 2 x volume and 2 x tone knobs and 3 way switch
- Tune-o-matic bridge
- Die-cast tuners (Upgrade to Grover 406C Mini Locking Tuners – Just $44.95)
- Strap buttons
- All electronics (pots, caps, wires and solder)
- Free Ernie Ball Slinky Strings
- FREE Shipping – Anywhere in Australia
- Level of Soldering Difficulty: Advanced – requires a number of solders that can be challenging for new builders.
This kit contains everything you need to build a complete, playable guitar, except your choice of finish.
Gavin1393 (verified owner) –
Built almost completely from a Standard Pitbull kit. Painted with Azure Lagoon from Wudtone on the body and ‘clear’ on the neck and finished in extra-gloss-no aging.
I have used the standard Humbucker Pickups but significantly upgraded Capacitors to Orange drops and inserted two 150 Resistor and .001 mf caps too! Tricked out the standard humbuckers with gold trimming and swopped out the plastic nut for a brass one! Sustain! The fretboard is completed with Dr. Ducks Ax Wax for good measure!
No pickguard on this model. Inserting the wiring was challenging and I have documented those challenges elsewhere in the forum. I have wanted a ‘335’ for sometime and this is going to be an enduring favourite guitar of mine.
Highly recommend this Model to anyone wanting one. (Five stars!)